Thursday, March 21, 2013

Brioche Doughnuts


Ever since making the best bread ever, my brioche dough, I have been hankering to try doughnuts.  Boy, I am glad I did!  They are everything I imagined they'd be.  Rich, yet decadent with a slight crisp giving way to a rich buttery interior of yummy goodness.  The powdered sugar on top gives it a delicate sweetness without being overpowering.  Although, I'm sure the next time I make these, I will use a caramel or glazed drizzle.  mmmm...

Again, this recipe is super easy - especially is you already have your dough made.  

How It's Done


Take a 1 lb. portion from your dough and roll on a floured surface.


Get your trusty biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter (or, in my case, grab whatever you can that will make round holes) and cut out your pieces.  Don't forget the holes - they're great rolled in powdered sugar.  Delightful.  


Pretty self explanatory.  Fry 'em up!


Sprinkle with powdered sugar...







No comments:

Post a Comment