Monday, November 12, 2012

Paint Chip Flower




This Christmas I have decided to make most of the gifts I give.  Not only is more economical but a handmade gift is better, at least in my opinion.  I mean, who doesn't love something that someone actually made?!

Those that know me know that I have this weird obsession with paint chips.  First of all, they're free.  And second, they come in every color imaginable.  This! I love.


I think my favorites are the chips that have several colors on them and these were the ones I used for this project.

If you have an aversion to 'taking' paint chips from the store, just ask if they have discontinued chips laying around.  I don't mind taking a few each time I go to the store.  In fact, I asked the manager of our local Walmart about them before and he said, (and I quote) "They don't have a price so I can't actually charge you for them".  So yay!

What I Used

Approx. 20 Paint Chips
8x10 Frame
Black Button
Glue

How It's Done

I cut hearts out of the paint chips and started at the center.  Glue your hearts down and start your next layer by placing the hearts behind the previous layer until you get the size you want.  The best thing about this project is that you can let your creative side take over - use whatever colors you want.  Once I had it filled in, I stuck a button in the center.  I didn't have regular white glue and I tried using hot glue but it seemed to dry too thick so I grabbed my trusty Mod Podge.  It worked great.










No comments:

Post a Comment